Therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut give effective help for teens with a number of difficulties. Read on to discover some key benefits of therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut and other states
1. Excellent Academics at Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Connecticut. Troubled teens often slip in school. Therapeutic boarding schools organize education so as to help teens not simply to make up for failing grades or missed graduation requirements, but in addition to move forward toward a positive future in college or a profession.
2. Counseling that Works. Therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut hire professional counselors to give individual and group therapy. A lot of schools also employ pastoral counseling and mentorships to affect teen thinking. More than any other age group, teens desire approval from their peers. For this reason, group counseling works especially well for teens. It draws out common concerns in a safe environment where teens learn to deal with them constructively.
3. Fresh Perspective. Spending a year away eliminates the people and situations which get teens into trouble. Further eliminating distractions like excessive use of technology leaves time to consider the deep things in life. Teens at therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut find a safe environment for a fresh new start.
4. Family Involvement. Good therapeutic boarding schools keep parents informed about the daily and weekly progress of their child in school and in counseling. Also, parent instruction and family counseling sessions help parents to resolve issues at home and to use beneficial parenting strategies. Follow-up care eases the transition home so families maintain what they have learned.
5. Fun and Recreation. Teens caught up in depression or substance abuse lose interest in favorite activities. Therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut allow teens to enjoy life again. Recreation provides healthy outlets for energy and emotions. In many cases, teens gain contact with things not available at home, like horsemanship, sharing responsibilities on a working ranch, or outdoor adventure. Students develop deep friendships with their peers in the schools and with mentors and counselors.
6. Loving, Personal Care. The best therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut understand that personal relationships make the greatest impact. When staff gain trust with teenagers by caring about them individually, they gain the authority to speak truth into their lives. In this way, a therapeutic boarding school can love teens back to life.
7. A Therapeutic Boarding School in Connecticut for Each and Every Personality. Many exceptional programs exist which include the essentials of quality therapy together with academics. Going beyond the basics, there exist therapeutic boarding schools styled as a wilderness program, a military school, or even a working ranch, and also Christian schools in all of these categories. Once you find a program equipped to address the particular needs of your teen, try to find one which has a culture that feels comfortable to you.
8. Strong Values. Particularly at Christian schools, teens are taught to live traditional values like integrity, good work ethic, discipline, and self-control. They learn critical social skills for family and community life, like strong communication and conflict resolution methods.
9. Giving Back. Therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut find great joy when a self-centered teen who has been destroying his life turns his focus outward to care for and serve others. A great number of therapeutic boarding schools encourage students in community service. Some include outreach programs, like teens teaching younger students to encourage them to avoid drugs. Christian schools may run mission trips or local service projects.
10. Effective Care for an Array of Issues. Therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut focus on serving teens with emotional and behavioral issues, even those that may disqualify teens from other programs. Some work with somewhat minor issues like dropping school, defiance, or ADHD. They provide assistance with family issues like divorce, adoption, or loss. In addition they treat teens with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, self-harm behaviors like cutting, substance use, plus more.
More about therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut:
Connecticut (CT) is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States. It is bordered by Rhode Island to the east, Massachusetts to the north, and the state of New York to the west and the south (with which it shares a water boundary in Long Island Sound). Connecticut is named for the Connecticut River, the major U.S. river that approximately bisects the state. Its capital city is Hartford. Much of southern and western Connecticut (along with the majority of the state’s population) is part of the New York metropolitan area; three of Connecticut’s eight counties are statistically included in the New York City combined statistical area.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut, used with permission from Wikipedia.
Therapeutic boarding schools in Connecticut offer restoration to hurting families. Many resources are available to help you find a therapeutic school in Connecticut that is that is best for your troubled teenager.