Therapeutic boarding schools in Maine offer effective treatment for teens with an array of difficulties. Please read on to learn about some key benefits of therapeutic boarding schools in Maine and other states
1. Excellent Academics at Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Maine. Teens in trouble often slip at school. Therapeutic boarding schools provide education so as to help teens not simply to catch up on failing grades or missed graduation requirements, but also to move ahead toward a strong future at a university or a job.
2. Effective Counseling. Therapeutic boarding schools in Maine hire qualified counselors to give individual and group therapy. Many schools also have pastoral counseling and mentorships to impact teen thinking. More than every other age group, teens look for approval from their peers. Therefore, group counseling is particularly effective for teens. It brings out common concerns in a accepting place where teens learn to handle them constructively.
3. Fresh Perspective. Spending 12 months away eliminates the peers and situations that get teens into trouble. Further removing distractions such as excessive use of technology leaves time to ponder the important things in life. Teens at therapeutic boarding schools in Maine discover a safe environment for a clean start.
4. Family Involvement. Good quality therapeutic boarding schools keep parents up to date regarding the daily and weekly progress of their child in school and in counseling. Also, parent workshops and family counseling sessions help parents to resolve issues in the home and to learn healthy parenting strategies. Follow-up care helps with the transition home so families maintain what they have learned.
5. Fun and Recreation. Young people caught up in depression or drug use may abandon their favorite activities. Therapeutic boarding schools in Maine give teens the opportunity to enjoy life again. Recreation provides healthy outlets for energy and emotions. Frequently, teens gain experience with things they wouldn’t get at home, such as horsemanship, sharing chores on a working ranch, or outdoor adventure. Students form lasting friendships with their peers in the schools and with mentors and counselors.
6. Loving, Personal Care. The best therapeutic boarding schools in Maine know that individual relationships make the strongest impact. When staff gain trust with teenagers by caring about them personally, they gain the ability to speak truth into their lives. This way, a therapeutic boarding school can love teens back to life.
7. A Therapeutic Boarding School in Maine for Each and Every Personality. Many outstanding programs exist which include the fundamentals of quality therapy in addition to academics. Looking further, there exist therapeutic boarding schools styled as a wilderness program, a military school, or possibly a working ranch, as well as Christian schools in these categories. After you find a school equipped to deal with the particular needs of your teen, look for one with a culture that feels comfortable to you.
8. Strong Values. Especially at Christian schools, teens learn how to live out traditional values such as integrity, good work ethic, discipline, and self-control. They learn critical social skills for family and community life, such as healthy communication and conflict resolution skills.
9. Giving Back. Therapeutic boarding schools in Maine count it success each time a self-centered teen who has been destroying himself turns his focus outward to care for and serve others. Many therapeutic boarding schools encourage students in community service. Some have developed outreach programs, such as teens talking to younger students to encourage them to avoid drugs. Christian schools may run mission trips or local service projects.
10. Effective Care for Many Issues. Therapeutic boarding schools in Maine concentrate on serving teens who have emotional and behavioral issues, even the ones that may disqualify teens from other sorts of programs. Some work with comparably minor issues such as dropping school, defiance, or ADHD. They provide assistance with family issues such as divorce, adoption, or loss. In addition they treat teens with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, self-harm behaviors such as cutting, substance use, plus more.
More about therapeutic boarding schools in Maine:
Maine (ME) is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States, bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and south, New Hampshire to the west, and the Canadian provinces of Quebec to the northwest and New Brunswick to the northeast. Maine is both the northernmost and easternmost portion of New England. It is known for its scenery its jagged, mostly rocky coastline, its low, rolling mountains, its heavily forested interior and picturesque waterways as well as for its seafood cuisine, especially lobsters and clams. For thousands of years, indigenous peoples were the only inhabitants of the territory that is now Maine. The ten largest cities in Maine are: Portland, 66,214; Lewiston, 36,460; Bangor, 32,817; South Portland, 25,088; Auburn, 22,972; Biddeford , 21,309; Augusta , 18,946; Saco, 18,758; Westbrook, 17,606; Windham, 16,901.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools in Maine, used with permission from Wikipedia.
Therapeutic boarding schools in Maine offer healing to hurting families. Many resources are available to help you select a therapeutic school in Maine that is that is best for your troubled teenager.